1. I couldn't swallow anything. Half of everything went down the wrong pipe. Couldn't cough it up. Choked a lot.
2. Spoke in a whisper.
3. Had a night where my lungs were filled with substance, spent fifteen minutes wheezing through phlegm and trying to get it up. Could not breathe.
4. Loved my nurse Nathan. Have NO idea why.
5. Could never remember nurse Nathan's name.
6. Could not remember whether or not Nathan was even a real name.
7. IV hurt so fucking bad. Had to be stuck three times. First one didn't work. Second hurt. She dug around for blood for two minutes, never got anything. Reduced to tears. Anesthesiologist had to come in and numb me, got the IV in. Was given relaxation meds.
8. Was wheeled into operating room. Placed on operating table. Have literally seconds of memory staring at the ceiling, and that was it.
9. Woke up to a lot of pain. Pain was 8 on scale of 1-10. Was given button of dilaudid that could press every fifteen minutes.
10. Never missed a dose. Had for 24 hours.
11. Nausea. Severe nausea. Sat up to pee, nearly threw up.
12. Used commode for 24 hours. Legs like jelly. Shaking uncontrollably. Zero strength.
13. Boob hung out of hospital gown. Did not care. Did not do anything about it. Someone fixed it. I think.
14. Couldn't open my eyes for 24 hours.
15. Nausea. Severe nausea.
16. Peed every 20 mins second day.
17. Second day: Got tube draining blood from surgery wound yanked out. Received new bandage. Unhooked from IV. Lots and lots of pain. Said fuck a million times. Mom doesn't know I cuss. Cried a lot. In shit ton of pain.
18. Surgeon came in. Clipped blue stitch.
19. Left third day.
20. Car ride bumpy as hell. Had to pull over twice or blowing chunks.
21. Could not walk upstairs. Nearly threw up on the steps. Sister and mom had to carry me up and get me in bed.